Saturday, March 29, 2008

WOW, my first post on my new blog! How cool is this?! I'll be able to share pictures and news important to me with each of you. Hope that you'll share your thoughts with me as well.

Sheesh, here it is Spring and today was a mix of thunder and lightening, hail, sleet and snow. BRRRRRRRRRRRR is all I really have to say. Darling granddaughter played soccer this morning. She's a Cottontail at the indoor field of 3-4 year olds. Yep, same darling whose picture is up front and center on my blog page. Isn't she just the most adorable child you've ever set eyes on? Of course she is. Her mother, auntie and I met for a little shopping at the mall afterwards. The little darling managed to get a Dora nightie out of the deal and the little man in utero now has 2 adorable outfits with matching shoes. I can't wait for July to get here so I can meet our new grandson!!!

I have two applique quilts I'm finishing up. Both are patterns from Pat Sloan who I absolutely love as a person, a quilter, designer and teacher. She's the cat's meow in my book! She hosts terrific Yahoo quilting groups as well as a book club and her blog is full of fun, fun, fun stuff. I'll post pictures here when they're finally on the wall.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom -- FABULOUS! I can't believe you beat me into this sign of the modern era! You did a wonderful job, and I hope you enjoy it! You know this means I'll have to quit thinking about doing it and actually create a blog now, too, right? Can't have you be the only one. LOL
Love you,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis I just got off the phone with you and had to tell you one more time how impressed I am with your accomplishment. This was a wonderful idea and you express yourself so well in your writing. Congratulations. Love from your Sister

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Waving to you Val!!! What an adorable little girl!! So Sweet is her smile, makes me want to smile! I love blogging too! and it IS ADDICTIVE!!
GREAT JOB ON YOURS!!!
Hugs,
Mary
(Sloanie waving)

Sunbonnet Sue said...

Val...I am also a member of Pat Sloan group and love to see sloanies blogs.You did a wonderful job.Love your new blog!!*Ü*I like everything you like to do and I also have a Shit Tso,Kira, who follow me in all places that I go around my home and my car.
Thanks to share your new blog.
hugs from Brazil

Jana said...

Oh she's a doll! Reminds me when my own son was that age and played! All those lil' legs running!

I'm on Pat's yahoo list with you...hope to see your quilts soon! I've also joined the blogging bandwagon this week....take a look when you have time!

Lindabee said...

Val, loved your blog and look forward to reading more. Your grandaughter is a beauty. DH always says if he had known that grandkids were so much fun, he's have skipped the kids and moved straight to the grandkids.

blueheron91 said...

Congratulations, on your new blog! I started a blog as my new year's project.... to celebrate being a first time Grandma. Our wee grandson just left for home... not sure when I will see him next, as he lives a couple hours away.
Susan in ON
also a Sloanie

Anonymous said...

Mom - You did it! I love it and can't wait to see more :)

Aime