My dear daughter brought it to my attention that I posted the picture of the tram as being in Ketchikan, Alaska when in fact it was in Juneau. Ho hum. I also worked with a colleague today who left on her Alaskan cruise the day we returned and had gorgeous weather the whole week! She was able to tell me that the glacier we went to was in the Endicott Arm and named Dawes Glacier. It was the same one they went to as the Tracyarm was still too dangerous for approach by the ships. I still need to get her pictures to see what's best between us to post but above are the only 2 pictures I took in the sewing room on the ship. We had drop dead gorgeous views as you can see to sew by!! Most of you are aware it was a quilting cruise for Jennifer and I but about a month before we sailed Pat Sloan backed out when not enough people had signed up to pay her husbands' way. So not many of us to sew and we only went part of 2 days while out to sea and didn't go to any of the evening sit and sews. The machines there were a really nice Brother quilting machine and the co owner of the shop designed and taught the wall hanging we made, Sue Walsh. Mine is ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I'll share when it is done if not before. I think it is safe to say I wouldn't be inclined to go on another quilting cruise. The quilting piece of our trip was a big disappointment having Pat Sloan back out. There is so incredibly much to do and keep busy with on the ship when out to sea that I'd just rather relax and enjoy the cruise should I ever get another opportunity to do one. When I get the pictures sorted through and combined with Jennifer's I will post more. Meanwhile things are really busy at work and I'm in a wrist brace for tendinitis, ugh. I had to baby it all weekend so I'd be able to go to work today. They are letting me work in the brace and I didn't have to do any lifting today so I lucked out. I work again tomorrow and will hope it is light patient care again. Everyone have a great week!!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner....
14 years ago



2 comments:
You had much nicer machines than we did.. We had some kind of White machine that refused to do the technique we were attempting to learn. Not a good thing.
You had wonderful windows, we were in the deep caverns of the ship and couldn't see anything.
Did they try to sell you the machines for a discount? We talked many new quilters out of buying the cheap White machines. They thought they were wonderful. They weren't..
I agree that there is plenty to do on the ship....and I think sitting and sewing would have me antsy...as I'd want to be doing other things. I hope your wrist is healed up soon.
Post a Comment