July 8th I received a call from my sister while at work that my BIL was in the hospital and not expected to live. They live in California so I left work and flew out that evening. He has been ill for a long time and my sis has been his full time caregiver. He passed away on the 10th and we buried him on the 15th. Gene flew down on the 14th for the service and we both flew back together Thursday evening so I could return to work yesterday. A whirlwind of emotions, time spent with extended family I hadn't seen in many years, an opportunity to be present and hopefully supportive for my sis and the kids (who are all grown adults of course, just kids to me, ha). The service was lovely and the words spoken heartfelt. It was terribly hard to leave my sister with so much left to do, but my nephew is staying another week or two so she'll have some needed company and help getting things done. Then we're hoping she'll come up to spend some time with us when she's ready to get away.
Being there meant I was able to meet my Great Nephew Harmon!!! He is 8 months old and just adorable!! I managed to bonk his lip on a table, hit his head on his car seat and poke his leg with my thumb nail. I think I was forgiven in the end but I wasn't making too big a hit, LOL! Just have to share a picture of the cutie pie!
The puppies stayed with Aime once again and no doubt were spoiled rotten, ha! What a wonderful daughter to keep them for us when we needed the help.
Jennifer is 6 months pregnant and getting the nursery decorated. Grandma is starting to feel the pressure to finish knit items and quilts, LOL.
Eventually I will try to catch you up with pictures of this n that :-) Meanwhile I am off to catch up on YOUR blogs!!
2 comments:
Oh, my...I am so sorry for the loss in your family. It seems like this wasn't totally unexpected, but....it is still always upsetting....no matter how expected it is. It was nice that you dropped everything and went there....and I'm sure your sister was grateful for your presence and support.
I am so sorry for your loss. Even when a loved one has an extended illness, it is still a shock when they go.
Post a Comment