
How is your Mother's Day? Mine began with my granddaughter waking me up. What a treat! She spent the night and came in to wake us up with her brilliant smile. There was sunshine streaming in the window for a change, what could be more perfect than that! Her mommy got to sleep in some and enjoy a little quiet time to herself. She also was able to watch a couple TV shows she enjoys. It was a win-win morning for us. Then I was treated to brunch by my darling daughters and it was so very yummy! I ate way too much and enjoyed every bite, ha. There was a wonderful egg casserole, bacon, fruit, sour cream coffee cake, juice and coffee. We've enjoyed the sour cream coffee cake recipe since they were very young and is a favorite of mine. Lucky me got a decorator piece for my living room, some raspberry syrup for my all time favorite drink (raspberry mochas) and cool strips for making chain art with my granddaughter. The flower candle my darling granddaughter picked out for me is now residing in her room she loved it so much, ROFL! I was good with that, it was kinda stinky, LOL. I hope everyone else has had a fabulous day too. I read on Pat Sloan's blog about a mom song and it is hysterical! You've got to go listen to this! Turn on your sound and take the 3 minutes to enjoy and giggle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM I managed a sewing afternoon yesterday with Jennifer as we each got started on baby gifts. It was an enjoyable day. My back is still very sore and stiff from my fall several weeks ago. Anyone with a back injury will probably identify when I say I'm disgusted at how slow I'm getting better, ugh. To top it off I tripped and slammed my toe into a wood pallet Friday night and it's looking really ugly. Feels pretty ugly too. I wonder if I broke it? Not much can be done for it either way. Sheesh, what a klutz I'm becoming. Monday night both my daughters and I went to a sit and knit in Allyn at the yarn shop there. Such a nice group of ladies, we enjoyed the time and plan to do it again tomorrow night. Went to our quilt guild meeting last Wednesday night and we played bingo with quilt blocks. It was lots of fun. I'm going to try and be better about the time span between posts but don't hold your breath, hahaha. We got our confirmation information for the May 2009 Alaska cruise, yippeee. I hope my heart can withstand a year of such intense anticipation, LOL! It's sounding more and more like Jennifer and Tim will be able to go too, keeping our fingers crossed. Enjoy this Mom day, I'm off for a nap.
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner....
14 years ago



1 comment:
Mom,
How did you get your little CUTE Mother's Day decoration thingy?
Love you,
Jennifer
Post a Comment