Friday, July 11, 2008

It's been awhile!




Goodness gracious! I guess "daily thread" is a misnomer, hahaha. It's been several busy weeks since I posted. Most recently was a great trip to Idaho with daughter Jennifer and my sister Karen. We sewed at the retreat with friends, relaxed and laughed a lot. It was a great time just as I knew it would be. My sis and her husband stayed with us the rest of the week and we were able to get a lot more sewing done together. It was a special time for me and a real treat to be able to spend so much of it with her. We made watermelon table mats just for a fun summer touch in our homes, baby quilts, artist trading cards and learned some new quilt patterns to play with. It was great fun to have everyone here for a barbque one night. It's rare to get everyone together at the same time so achieving it while Karen and Tom were visiting was perfect. My adorable granddaughter wanted to help take food out to the patio but when she picked up the bowl of strawberries and I saw one in her hand, I had to tell her she'd have to put the strawberry down and carry the bowl with both hands. Well she thought about that for a minute and then popped this huge strawberry in her mouth and picked up the bowl with both hands. Out to the deck she went, LOL! She's very ingenious if you ask me. Her logical thinking and problem solving ability amaze me. A birthday is coming soon, she'll be 3. Now my vacation is over and my week back to work has been a busy one. We're still waiting for the new grandson to arrive albeit somewhat impatiently. Jennifer and I walked her around the mall and Target the other night in hopes of moving things along but alas, he is still not ready I guess. We all had an impromptu dinner together at Red Robin which was very yummy. It was a really nice evening after work together and know once the little guy arrives those impromptu get togethers will be harder to achieve. Tomorrow is a grandma day while the rest of them hit garage sales. Maybe I'll even get the quilt quilted for that new grandson while grandpa has his time with granddaughter. I'll try to get better with posting here. Have a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photo of the turtle quilt is gorgeous!! Tim said it's really cool. Glad you finally posted an update!
Love you,
Jennifer