
So here's the newest robot addition to Gene's "stash". Isn't this a cutie? Any of you heard of a blue crab? I'm sure I have somewhere. Can you guess what he does? The crab walk!! Too cute. Okay Pat, I'm stumped. If you all read my blog note about the ice cream you will see that I mentioned my new fav as being Tin Roof Sundae. Wellllllllllllllllll, my sloanie friend Pat commented any ice cream with chocolate would do for her and she'd have even liked the Rocky Road I was serving!!!! She is psychic for sure as that's exactly what I served Gene that night. Oh my, I think she has a camera watching over us. Guardian angels are good though and a quilty one even better :-) Too funny, I want to know how you did that Pat, LOL! Yesterday was low key with a haircut in the morning, stopover at Wal-Mart and then home. I even managed to get a little sewing/cutting done on the mini blocks. I'm rather distressed that I got myself under such a crunch to get these done and now I find I don't have enough of the middle fabric to make all the blocks, grrrrrrrr. But here's what I'm working on..... Anybody have an idea for adding something special or some pizazz to each block? The other gals have done such fabulous applique blocks and fabric folding techniques. I feel like I'm contributing something very plain in contrast.


2 comments:
First of all, I don't think your block is plain but if you feel it is, maybe you can add some sparkles with one of those hot-glue things people all rave about...I forget what it's called....Dazzler or something like that?? And....that was a slip on my part to say Rocky Road as I thought you'd said that and didn't look back when I typed my comment. We had just FINISHED Rocky Road (so I guess it was on my mind) but...actually I just love Tin Roof Sundae with those peanuts and the chocolate....YUMMMMY. That is what I'll buy next!!! And....blue crabs are the kind we have in this area (MD, DE, NJ).....but they are red when they are done cooking!!! Gene's crab is CUTE!!! I'm sure my husband (the electronic fanatic) would enjoy meeting Gene. Too bad we are on opposite coasts from one another.
Val,
I think your block is just perfect...I would keep it just as it is.
Love your blog, will have to check back often...
Peggy in NJ
Post a Comment