Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mystery quilt



Several years ago my daughter, Jennifer, invited me to a mystery quilt night at a local fabric shop as my mother's day gift. COOL HUH? I finally finished the quilt by having a friend do the meandering quilting on her HQ16 and then last night I completed the label and binding. So here it is!!! For whatever reason I've always thought it looked like a picnic tablecloth, LOL. I wish I'd switched the yellow and the blue positions but it is what it is and I'll cherish its beginnings!! One more UFO off the list!


Today we had to get up verrrrrrrrrrrry early to have hubby at the hospital for his ESWL procedure. The kidney stone is pulverized small enough to pass now and he hasn't had any pain. Isn't that terrific?!


Monday we had the most gorgeous weather here and had Jaiden and Ethan for the day. What a truly spectacular day we spent together playing outside. The dogs got to run the back property, both kids were loving the swing, and Jaiden hiked her grandpa all over the back. She even rode her big girl bike with the training wheels! My goodness but she is growing up fast. Ethan was absolutely enthralled with being outside in the swing even when it wasn't moving. True to form Jaiden was here about 2 1/2 minutes before she asked to put on her blue princess dress (Cinderella), her glass slippers and find her magic wand. She is such a doll. Ethan is crawling now, loves to stand but really hated the turkey vegetables his mother sent for his lunch, YUK. Be sure to note the snack box I dug out for him as there weren't any snacks in his bag, hahaha! I sent the picture to his mom at work as a joke :-) So here are some pictures of their day, I just have to share their smiling faces.





2 comments:

Pat said...

Glad the kidney stones are pulverized now. The pictures of the kids are really cute....FUNNY to put that Lucky Charms box by Ethan (and it looks like he was quite interested in it, actually). I like your mystery quilt. Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Jennifer said...

Hey Mom,
Glad you finally got that quilt done! Wonder when I'll finish mine. LOL It looks great!