Jennifer and I went to Idaho for 3 1/2 days of lovely sewing/quilting. We do this with a wonderful group of women, our "quilting sisters" and each year we grow closer. It is a beautiful place to be and so hard to leave and return home. We managed to get a fair amount accomplished there. Both of us got a finished quilt basted and ready for quilting the first morning. Jennifer also made a darling flannel quilt all but the borders in bright colors using the Take Five pattern.
I cut and layed out the squares for a baby quilt; got 1/2 way done with a purse whereas Jennifer finished hers. While she finished her purse I worked on a small landscape "quilt" that our dear friend Thelma taught a class for. I need to decide how I am going to finish it, either add borders, just a binding or frame it. I also want to do some embellishing on it. I also finished Jaiden's bed quilt except for the last border but I did get some of the pieces cut for it. Before we went I managed to get over to Aime's and Jaiden's curtains with valance are now up, yay!! So I must get the bed quilt finished as it matches and Aime will buy a bed skirt. At retreat we had a demo on making a great string quilt and when the demo was over June handed Jennifer the little demo quilt, a pink baby size, and told her it was for her!!!! Talk about surprise, she was incredibly touched. On Friday night they gave her a surprise baby shower too. I tell ya, this is just a terrific group of women friends and they hold a special place in our hearts. So Jennifer came home with darling things for baby Maddy when she is born. And that's just 15 weeks away, YIKES!!!! Grandma better get busy on the quilt not to mention the afghan I started and all the other things I have planned, LOL!
The double trouble pups got to go to the puppy parlor and look and smell beautiful tonight. They even came home to a new bed we got while we were out.
Life has been much busier than usual or maybe I'm just more tired than normal after work these days. Consequently I'm not blogging much nor am I on the computer much. I do read a couple of blogs here and there to catch up but normally do it on my iPod at night in bed and that's too hard to use to leave comments for my blogger friends. So just know I'm still keeping up with you! I'll be back soon with some pictures to share, meanwhile don't forget about me, ha!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner....
14 years ago



1 comment:
How nice of your retreat friends to surprise Jennifer the way they did. I didn't know the name was chosen. Is Maddy a nickname or will Maddy be the full name??? It's a cute name!!! Now.....not to be picky, but...we would like to see some photos soon, too (you know...the retreat...the shower.....the string quilt for the baby....Jennnifer.....etc.)! LOL
Post a Comment