Monday, September 14, 2009

Old news? New news!


Yep, there's a granddaughter coming in the next month. Her name will be Madeline, Maddy for short. Her mommy is holding a darling outfit at the baby shower. The booties and hat are what I knit for her and we are all counting the days to meet her. They are setting on an applique quilt.......... will share it when the binding is sewn down.


This has been the busiest of Springs and Summer. Our cruise followed by a trip to Idaho. Then to California for a week with a family emergency. These things followed by a vacation at the beach and another quilt retreat the end of August. WHEW! I've been a busy girl.

While I was at the last quilt retreat my wonderful hubby installed new flooring in my sewing room. I'm trying to slowly put things back in a more organized fashion, toss what I just don't need or use and get things better condensed in there. It's a huge job, LOL! I take a break now and then to actually sew a little here and there though. Can't peek yet! I'll share later.

Next on the big change around here I'll be rearranging the guest room and cleaning out that closet. We're very excited that my sister will be coming to visit for a few weeks in November and through the holidays. I want to be sure her room is ready with places for all her treasures. Her sewing equipment, etc. will have its own place in my sewing room! I told you I was working hard, LOL. I think I've even managed to empty a few drawers in my roll arounds for her to use. No small feat let me tell ya, hahaha.

Meet YAHTZEE! This is my sister's new 5 year old rescue Corgi she'll be bringing with her. Isn't she cute?!
I have a wonderful quilting friend who is quilting some of the quilts that have been just sitting in the closet waiting to be complete. As I get bindings on them I will get pictures up. Meanwhile I'll continue to sew on this n that :-)

I hope all is well with each of you and that I can get back to the blog before another month passes me by.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Welcome back to Blogland! You have been busy and it's such an exciting time coming up between the arrival of Maddy in October and your sister's visit shortly after that. Her Corgi is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Hey there,
I haven't seen any of the photos from the shower. Do you have more? :-) I know it was hard to take them.
Giant hugs,
Me