Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Getaway


Friday we left for Randle which put us close to Morton and the Raintree Nursery. Each year they have apple tasting, cider making and provide lots of good information. We drove over on Saturday to attend. Decided on 3 types of apple trees to buy for spring (Honey Crisp, Dayton and Greensleaves). Had fun taste testing all the cider but didn't take any with us. No room in the fridge of the RV for it. We had the most awesome weather over the weekend so couldn't complain too loudly when we awoke to a torrential downpour this morning, ha! The pups looked like drowned rats from their morning walk but didn't seem to mind it. While we were away the girls took all 3 grandkids to the pumpkin patch. See my new picture of them at the top of the blog? Don't they look just adorable in the matching outfits Jennifer bought for them?! I think they plan to carve their pumpkins next weekend which should produce a few more fun photos. Besides the side trip to Morton Gene and I caught up on some TV movies we'd taped (yes, we still own a VCR, LOL). While watching TV Gene created new tongues for his moccasins and sewed them up to fit better. I worked on quilt binding for a scrap quilt and finished, yea!! Just in time to cozy under it and watch TV/read/nap don't ya think? So off to bed for me where I hope to get closer to finishing In This Mountain by Jan Karon. Another great book in the Mitford series.

1 comment:

Pat said...

That is the cutest fall photo (love the outfits) and I guess your gals snapped it after Miss Grumpy (I know you don't like that title) turned back into Miss Happy!!! (I read Jennifer's blog already, as you can tell. :) ) Your trip sounds like it was a nice escape. I'm glad you had such a nice time.