Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!










Happy Mother's day to all of the mothers, grandmothers and mothers to be!!! Of course I must share a few pics of the day or you'd wonder what had gotten into me, LOL! I hope that in some manner you celebrated yourself today!! Celebrated for all that you have achieved; for all the love and faithfulness you have given; for the selflessness you practiced and the disrespect you probably endured at some time over the years, ha! The lack of sleep, the worry and the joy that all comes with being a mom. I paused to reflect on the years. They spin by so quickly. Now my daughters are grown women, one is carrying her first child and the other a mom of a son and a daughter. I can never say enough how blessed I am to have my daughters close in proximity as well as of the heart. For many reasons not all of us are as lucky and I'm well aware it can be a day of pain as well for some. I find I celebrate my daughters in my heart on this day, for their presence in my life is what gave me the title. They've made me very proud to be their mom. So thank you girls for loving me back, for nurturing our relationship and letting me celebrate life with you.

Today we all met at a local restaurant called Kelley's for breakfast. We had to wait about 45 minutes but the weather was nice and the food delicious!! I had a crab, shrimp, tomato, onion and avocado omelet covered in Hollandaise sauce; served with homemade sour dough toast, homemade raspberry jam, and yummy hashbrowns. Topping it off was oh so good coffee!! Everyone enjoyed their meals and it's always so nice to be able to gather together. We missed Ted who had to work.



1 comment:

Pat said...

And I will go to bed with a smile on my face as I laugh about how Jennifer's husband did the little devil horns over her head in the photo you posted!!! Your post was beautifully worded, by the way...and I found comfort in it.