Yep, we'll be on board the cruise ship two weeks from today and right about now will be meeting the Sew Many Places folks. Jennifer was here awhile today and we searched through the information that finally arrived. After she left I searched through my clothes to be sure I had everything I might need, tried on some pants, new shoes, etc. and stayed so hyped! Even the sun blessed us with its presence part of the day. Those of you who have taken cruises, do you have any tidbits or suggestions for us? It was suggested we buy a set of small walkie talkies to stay in touch on the ship. Jennifer picked hers up on her way home. I'll get ours tomorrow.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and my family will all meet at a local restaurant in the harbor. Hopefully the wait won't be beyond reasonable, especially if it is raining. Nobody is taking reservations in the area unless we wanted to spend a small fortune. So we'll take our chances with this plan and if all else fails there is always Costco muffins and coffee, LOL!
Since I'm on call all night (12 hours starting at 7pm) tonight and tomorrow night I think I will go gather what I'll need. Have a great evening!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner....
14 years ago



2 comments:
The best advice I got before going on a McCalls Quilting Cruise was ....
Lay out all your clothes and money on the bed.
Now, put 1/2 the clothes away and go back to the bank and get twice the money....... :- )
hahaha......love that advice, Nancy!!! MY advice is.......have Bonine with you in case you suffer from motion sickness. Bonine doesn't make me drowsy (like Dramamine does) and it is only taken once every 24 hours. I also find I have a bit of a motion "problem" for about 48 hours AFTER the cruise (the rocking and swaying continues in my head), so I take the Bonine for an additional day at the end. I truly LOVE cruises and have been on several and hope to do another couple in the future. You will LOVE it! So I guess the best advice is just to ENJOY yourself.
Post a Comment