Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain, Rain and then some wind


Lots of rain with a little wind thrown in. What a spring we've had so far, NOT. Today is a grandma day and I have Jaiden. (Ethan had an appt this afternoon so he stayed home with his daddy.) We went to Wal-Mart and bought her a replacement umbrella for the one I bought last week, LOL. None of us can find it! It is Cinderella of course so this one is Ariel. Now when it is found she will have one for both houses. We picked up grandpa and went to lunch at Costco for hot dogs and yogurt swirls. Back home for a little rest time now where she is happily reading in her Cinderella sleeping bag, hahaha.
We got a huge tomato plant at Costco, 2 new books and a set of Yoga DVD's. I wasn't able to sign up for the 2nd series of yoga classes at work. I have really noticed the stiffness creep back so am determined to find a routine I can do at home at least twice a week.
Tonight is our quilt guild meeting so Jennifer and I will go to that together. 2 1/2 weeks until our Alaska cruise, yipppee!! I still need to find a good pair of walking shoes and continue to scout the stores for a small backpack for shore excursions. We are all very unhappy though with the lack of communication from Sew Many Places with whom we booked our cruise. They have provided no information whatsoever to us and the little we have acquired came from numerous calls to obtain it.
Here is a picture of the bed quilt I have finally gotten started on for Jaiden:
I am making it from Clothworks French brights which is what I used for her curtains. The original kit was too small a quilt and I struggled with other ideas for using the panel and precut pieces in the kit. I cut the panel apart with the idea of doing them in a twist and turn method of setting them and afterwards came across another pattern. At last I knew I'd found the perfect answer for the amount of fabric I had. Here's the pattern which can be found in McCalls Quilting Fall 2008 designed by Pat Sloan: So that is what I'm working on currently, what are you up to in the sewing/quilting/knitting or crafting department? Speaking of knitting? UGH, I spent last night ripping out 6 rows of the aran afghan and found out those cables are a bear to rip out! I will definitely be more careful so I hopefully won't have to do that again, LOL. Here is what I bought the other day to add to my already overflowing notion collection, ha! It has a cover!! Perfect for classes and traveling which my summer will be full of if I'm lucky.
That's enough chatter, have a great evening. I'm off to get up the Princess and do something fun with her. Wonder what she'll want to do.............

3 comments:

Pat said...

The pictures won't enlarge so I can't figure out what your new notion is....so you'll have to tell me, okay? Sounds like a fun day with Princess Jaiden. :) I'm sorry you are getting less than satisfactory service from the company with whom you booked the cruise. *sigh*

Nancy said...

The new notion looks like a magnetic pin cushion?? With a cover? How clever. I always stick mine into a ziplock when I take it to class or retreat...

SewManyPlaces was very neglectful with me also when I went on the Quilt Cruise many moons ago.... I think they go on so many of them, that they forget we only go on ONE!! I need DETAILS PEOPLE!! I want to know as much as possible. It drove me crazy...

Jennifer said...

Mom,
How many times do I have to tell you you already bought a backpack/bag for the shore excursions? LOL What am I going to do with you???