

Did anyone find a basket of flowers on their door knob this morning? When I was a little girl we made paper May Day baskets, generally at school. These were then filled with small flowers we picked and snuck onto the doorknob of a neighbor. They were hung there very early in the morning so they'd be found first thing to start their day. Doesn't that just make you smile? It makes me very nostalgic for simpler times. Never heard of celebrating May Day? It's history goes way back and can be read about here. I can still picture dancing around the maypole at recess which was decorated with crepe paper streamers! http://www.theholidayspot.com/mayday/history.htm
Want to know how I celebrated May Day this year??? Wondering what the picture of a cruise ship is doing here? OH MY, WOOT HOOT, we're off to Alaska next May on a quilting cruise with Pat Sloan. It's through Sew Many Places http://www.sewmanyplaces.com/trips/alaska_0509.html and I made our reservations and paid the deposit this morning. Be still my heart. I am sew, sew excited I can hardly stand it. We're going to have a balcony! Jennifer and Tim might be able to join us on this trip of our lifetime which will make it all the more special. Anybody want to share cruising tips with us? On top of it all I get to meet Pat Sloan and take a quilting class from her. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE. Are you ready for this? My darling Gene just might be convinced to take the quilting class also. He told me this morning there's nothing to it, LOL! This is going to be one very good vacation!
Happy May Day



3 comments:
I'm SEW excited for you that you're on the way to a cruise!!! Too fun! I finally posted to my blog today and am going to try to be more consistent. :-)
XOXO
Jennifer
I went on a cruise with Pat about 3 years ago. My advice.....
Lay out all your money and clothes on the bed...
Now...put away half the clothes and add twice the money!!
Oh Sis I am sooooooooooo happy for you and Gene. And only a teensy bit jealous.gg I totally agree with Nancy. Good advice for any trip that involves quilting. LOL
Post a Comment