At last the tulip quilt is done, whew! Monica Forsythe quilted it for me and she did a fabulous job. This is a pattern from Pat Sloan and can be found in her book "Berry Hill Quilts". I hung it with a dowel and corded drapery tieback. It works terrific and was a tip I read somewhere recently. This quilt was started several years back when I went with Jennifer to San Diego. We fell in love with the whole book but in particular these great tulips. It was a great trip and this quilt brings a smile and warm feeling to my heart. And doesn't it just yell SPRING?! Boy do we need some spring too. Has been so cold here with snow and hail, etc. Poor little flowers are taking a beating and the garden planting had to be put on hold. Speaking of tulips, we live a couple of hours from the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival where they have fields and fields of tulips. It is a must see each spring if you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods. Join one of the bus tours! It is just gorgeous to look out across all those acres of tulips as far as your eyes can see. If there was a windmill or two you'd swear you must be in Holland! http://www.tulipfestival.org/ Better hurry though, the festival ends on April 30th. Want to see Pat's book? Check it out here: http://patsloan.typepad.com/photos/qh_bookshelf/4038berryhillsoft60_12_95lg.html I got the fabric washed today for a baby quilt. This one will be for our grandson due in July. I'll post a picture when it's done but don't anyone hold their breath, ha! Bye for now.
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner....
14 years ago



1 comment:
The tulips look fantastic hung that way! Love the photo of the swinging monkey as well! Glad to hear the due date is Nov. 12 -- better get crackin'!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Post a Comment