Gosh, my youngest daughter Aime sent me an email reminding me of my blog's name, Vals DAILY thread, hahaha. OK, got the hint. I've been and back to my yearly quilt guild's spring retreat. It's held in Seabeck, WA at the conference center http://seabeck.org/ where we are fed 3 meals a day and can quilt all night if we want for FOUR days! The view of the water and mountains is spectacular. Jennifer and I go to this together each year and it's a special time for both of us. I didn't get a lot accomplished but did manage to enjoy good food, good friends, learn new techniques and drool over what everyone else was making. I had so much fun making this flower pincushion from the Spring 2008 Quilts and More magazine. http://allpeoplequilt.com/magazines/qam_1.html Notice the flower head pins in it? LOL! Then I made this great little apron and thread catcher for my sewing machine. The fabric is sooooooo cute. What could be better than all this you ask?? My wonderful hubby had cleaned the house and shampooed the carpets while I was gone! WOWSER!!
Tuesday my darling niece and her hubby came. They live in California and were up in our area for a visit. She had the most bestest news to share!!! SHE'S PREGNANT! My sister Karen is ecstatic to say the least and so am I. My daughters, granddaughter and one husband all came for dinner. It was such a great time and again I'm reminded how precious family is. I so wish they lived closer. We'll all be looking forward to this new addition to our family who will arrive about 4 months after my newest grandson comes in July. While she was here she worked on getting my computer in a little better shape which was SO SO SO appreciated. The cousins all got together last night and am sure it was a good time for catching up on each others lives.
Other than a big tumble at the quilt retreat all is well with us. I'm nursing a very sore back however and hurt my right arm and shoulder too. I'm going to try to add a little slide show to share what others made at the retreat, hope it works. Bye for now!



1 comment:
I'm impressed Mom! Photos and everything! I wonder if I can do a slideshow -- that's if I ever post on my blog again. LOL I hope to catch up with my life this weekend!
Post a Comment