I heard some of you were out and about verrrrry early this morning trying to grab some good prices. Not me, I was at work by 6:15am, ugh. When I was a little girl my mother always took the day off after Thanksgiving and we got all dressed up in our "Sunday best" and headed for San Francisco to Christmas shop. I loved China Town, the cable cars, waterfront, etc. and of course a drive down Lombard Street! We usually ate a really nice lunch and one year in particular I recall eating at Tad's Steak House. I did a web search and sure enough it's still there! WOW! So I grabbed the old picture off their website to share from about the same era I would have visited.
The quilt retreat was better than I imagined it would be. What fun we had! I managed to get several projects going and a couple of Christmas gifts completed. Look at this view from the covered balcony at the retreat, gorgeous!! This is Mt. Rainier for those of you unfamiliar with our area. The retreat was in Orting, WA at the Wild Rose Quilt Shop. Their facilities are perfect and it's a wonderful quilt shop. My daughter didn't think there could be anything more perfect than shopping in your slippers, ha! Off to nibble on some leftovers..............................



4 comments:
What a beautiful location for a retreat! I'm glad your Thanksgiving day was such a nice one.
Sis - I had completely forgotten about Tad's Steak House. I did remember China Town and going to the Emporium. The Emporium had a book store with a lending library which I loved. It was up stairs with an old wooden floor and kind of dark. My biggest memory of Tad's was not with Mother though. It was with the church grp. We ended up with an entire place setting which had their name on the pieces. I ended up with one of the big coffee mug. I finally got rid of it not long ago.
So, when are you taking ME to Tad's and San Francisco for Christmas shopping? LOL
my friends and I used to take the train to SF from Menlo Park to play in the city as teens. We always ate at Tads!!!
fun! Barb
bjjiminy@aol.com
Post a Comment