Friday, December 12, 2008

Recovering

I didn't bounce back up after the oral surgery but have finally decided to return to the land of the living! The pain pills kept me foggy and unable to concentrate on much of anything. So didn't get much sewing or reading done while I've been off. A friend took my shift and call tomorrow so I'll have one more day before I'm back to work. We picked up Jaiden to spend the night with us and tomorrow I have high hopes of baking cookies with her. There is a threat of snow tonight so no telling what we'll wake up to in the morning. Big winds came through this afternoon and tonight and the temperature is very chilly. Aime was without power when she got home from work so hope she and Ethan are managing okay in the dark. He has TWO teeth now and was so cute tonight smiling and talking to his grandma when we picked up Jaiden. Jaiden was reading her book to me tonight by repeating what I'd show her the words said and looking at the pictures. She is smart as a whip that little one. Off to bed, she'll be up early!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Enjoy your overnight with that little sweetheart of yours. It's nice to live close enough to do overnights like that. For us, we get them for several days at a time and sometimes that is TOO long (for the child AND for us)....so it would be nice to just do one-nighters with them once in awhile. Feel better, too!

Anonymous said...

So, did you actually get any cookies baked? Are they edible? LOL Love you!