
Yesterday was a long day for my tired legs! One of my colleagues volunteered to take my 12 hour on call today at work. I'm so grateful to her. The highlight of my week was finishing this quilt for great grandson Jack and presenting it to him and his mommy :-) It's bright and cheery; will make a great play quilt don't you think? The quilt kept in line with Molly's choice of a jungle themed nursery. It was a pattern from an older issue of Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine. Do you know where the "oops" might be? LOL! Fall seems to definitely be here and with it the cooler temperatures and changing leaves. I love Fall. What's your favorite season?Maybe tomorrow afternoon I'll have the energy to get out some of my decorations for the season and put away summer until next year. The pumpkins are all out and I see the corn mazes going up. Fun for everyone! Each year my daughters take Jaiden to a pumpkin patch and I hope to be able to tag along this year. A family night of pumpkin carving in October is a must if we can manage a night with everyone available. Guess what we did Friday! First of all I had my darling Ethan and Jaiden all day, be still my heart. Then we met Jennifer and Molly at the new yarn shop in Port Orchard called "A Good Yarn".
http://agoodyarnshop.com/ Yep, owned by Debbie Macomber who is one of my favorite authors and local to our area. The shop is full of light with beautiful yarns and friendly staff who welcomed us. Check out Debbie's web site and if you've never read any of her books you're truly missing out!
http://www.debbiemacomber.com/ I'm about to read her newest book "8 Sandpiper Way" in the Cedar Cove series. They're delightful and make me smile. Thanks Jennifer for loaning it to me! Sorry Aime, I'll get it to you next. I just finished reading "Sister's Choice" by Emelie Richards and only have a few pages left of "The Winding Ways Quilt" by Jennifer Chiaverini. My to do list includes sewing 16 quilt blocks for a guild mini group exchange next month and finishing a baby afghan for Ethan. Hope you are having a relaxing day like me!
2 comments:
LOVE the quilt you made for Jack. It is so colorful and such a fun animal print on there.
Your grandchildren are just beautiful Val and your "Double Trouble" little gals are too adorable! Love your blog. Hugs, Mary
Post a Comment