Friday, September 26, 2008

Laser surgery a success!

Today Gene had his laser surgery for glaucoma and all went well. We stopped at Sears and picked up Jennifer's coat, yes you owe me now! Over to the nursery where Gene ran into a couple women he use to work with. They had an adorable 3 month old puppy with them. I played with the pup while they chatted and caught up with each other. The nursery gift shop was being set up with all the Christmas trees and decorations. Can we not even get past Halloween? Stopped at the library to drop my books off and then to Costco for "appetizers" and dinner, hahaha. My sister is headed to the outdoor quilt show "Quilting in the Garden" in Livermore CA at Alden Lane Nursery. Sure wish I could join her! Go here to read about this event: http://www.aldenlane.com/stitch.html I can't wait to see pictures of some of the quilts. Tomorrow the girls will be here to sew which is kind of a joke since the 3 grandchildren will arrive with them, hahaha. But I tidied up the sewing room just in case any sewing actually gets done between diapers, feeding and playing. I'm trying to play along with Pat Sloan's virtual retreat this weekend as well. Love how she is so willing to teach us things and this retreat is on quilt labels. I've got my fabric squares cut and some strips. Tomorrow I'll dig out some stamps and pigma pens. Check out her yahoo group and meet a great group of quilters along with Pat herself. Link to her blog is on my page of favorite people. Biscuits for the puppies and then to bed.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Glad to hear the laser surgery went well for Gene. Enjoy your day with the girls and the grandkids.