Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's finished!



At last the Sweet Pea hat is finished for my darling grandson. The pattern Baby Beanies can be found at http://www.pipersquilts.com/. So cute! I was on call all night last night and slept like a baby :-) No wake up call to drive 45 minutes into work in the middle of the night. YAY! Started another dish rag as a take along project and of course it's in the grab and go bag I recently made. I have the border knit on one side of Ethan's afghan so 3 to go, LOL! As I began adding this border I realized I'd originally cast on 190 stitches rather than the 144 my choice of yarn instructed you to, oh my. Needless to say the afghan is turning out much larger than intended but considering my grandson is growing by leaps and bounds I'm thinking this was a perfect error!! Jennifer and I met up after work yesterday and enjoyed a visit at Starbucks followed by some time spent perusing one of our favorite craft and fabric stores, Pacific Fabrics. She purchased a "tool" bucket like mine and now she can get all her sewing essentials right there next to her machine. She's had to move her sewing into her bedroom so this will help tremendously. Hope she likes it as much as I like mine. And it's oh so cute too, ha. Off to see what mischief I can get myself into today right after I make Gene and I a raspberry mocha, yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing another project! Cute Cute Cute!
Hugs

Pat said...

That hat is very cute. Will we get to see a photo of Ethan wearing it?

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Too adorable the Hat Val!!!
Thanks for the comments on my blog..this one will be machine pieced and I have a friend who is going to machine quilt (long arm), thank God!!

Hugs,
Mary