Where did 2008 go? Well it's gone and here we are entering into a new one where we can create new memories and perhaps try new things, eat new foods, lose weight, get exercise and gosh, this is sounding like a list of resolutions? LOL! Nah, just hopeful that I'll approach new things this year in a positive and inquisitive manner. I have a bazillion unfinished knitting and quilting projects not to mention a few stitcheries, ha. So my goal is to complete at least 2 knitting and 2 quilting projects that are already "in process". If you're a quilter you need to take a run over to Pat Sloan's blog as well as Pat's A Little of This and a Little of Pat as they are both part of Debi's Whirl Into Winter Giveaway. Their blogs are linked on my side bar and you just follow the instructions to be entered. Additionally I'm hopeful to weed out closets of things that we just don't use anymore and lighten the load some. That includes my sewing room which is the hardest of all to tackle. I mean I'm just sure I need everything in there including every last scrap of fabric, LOL. I got started on the sewing room yesterday and although I've yet to toss anything I'm making some progress toward organizing a little better. I'll continue in that vein today. Our grandchildren were delightful this morning warming us with their hugs and smiles, laughter and conversation. Well maybe the conversation was a little WHY focused buy hey, you take what you can get from a 3 year old right? hahaha. It is just hubby and I today and I plan to fix us a really nice dinner, something I haven't done in a long time. We'll be having prime rib with horseradish sauce, baked potatoes, broccoli and garlic bread. Still have to decide on a dessert. Enjoy your day and make each one of them to come meaningful to you. I will close with this quote I found on my friends blog as it definitely applies to me. Be sure to take time to nourish your own soul throughout the year. I do it by spending time with my family and by taking time to sew and knit when the opportunity is there.
One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things. ~John Burroughs
Happiest of New Years to you and yours!!
2 comments:
Glad you had a fun night with the grands last night. I spent the day in pajamas and will just change to a clean pair tonight. LOL I hope your dinner was a good one. Thanks for the mention of the giveaway. Be sure you go to my blog tomorrow as I'll have the details of my Pay It Forward (in which 6 lucky people can win a handmade gift from me). Am I nuts to start out 2009 with SO many giveaways?? LOL Forgot to ask...did you get back to work on Tuesday???? Hope the leg is all better now.
Hey Mom -- keep up with the organizing! How was your dinner? Nummy? In the count of your two projects each to finish, does it count if all you have left is to bind them? Or put a zipper in? If that's the case, maybe I'll copy your resolution. LOL Love you and happy new year!
Post a Comment