Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sewing Room makeover!

The puppies LOVE having the couch in here, ha!
I decided I just had to get the sewing room moved around to fit in my love seat. This new arrangement opened more floor space for me, gave me a great place to put my feet up and stitch or knit. It will let my daughters sit and visit with me or allow darling Jaiden to sit and watch her princess movies, ha. Even though I removed the two tables that were set up for each daughter to be able to sew they are easily set back up for one of our "sewathons" together. Right now it's the best of all worlds for me and I'm really excited about how it turned out. Now we will NOT mention the humungous pile of stuff in the guest room that needs a home still, LOL! I moved all the excess out of the closet, out from under my cutting table and all the nooks and crannies. So thought I'd share the final arrangement with you all since it has kept me very busy the last couple of days.


Okay, okay I will show you the closet too, tee hee.

I have to keep the puppies out of this closet as all my yarn are in towers of shoe holders we purchased at Costco last year. I've covered up the ones under the hanging items to keep their little noses out and the rest are in the far left of the closet. My hubby built these things in for me and I just love it. Behind the door I have another clear plastic shoe bag like behind the door of my sewing room. It holds all of my knitting needles and a few craft items. So now you know what I've been doing!

Last night was my first night back to work since December 3rd! I've been off with my oral surgery complications followed by thrombophlebitis and cellulitis. I'm doing great now and look forward to getting a better rhythm to my daily routine and work schedule in 2009. I'm striving for better balance and in an effort to improve my health status we moved the treadmill into our living room for easy access! I'm on call all night tonight and crossing my fingers to stay home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks fantastic! There's even floor to be seen in your closet. LOL It looks relaxing and inviting, which should lend itself to you spending time in there. Hooray!

Pat said...

GREAT sewing room. My sewing room is also the bedroom for the grandkids when they visit...which isn't often since they live far away. BUT...when they do come, it's usually for days at a time, so then I have to dismantle the whole thing. I envy you if you don't have to do that and have a full-time permanent sewing space!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Great Job Val!! I have to "straighten" mine out too!!!
Happy New Year and glad you are feeling better,

Hugs, Mary