Sunday, February 1, 2009

More finished works from my needles




Knitting needles that is! TA DA! Ethan's baby afghan and hat are completed just in time for the coldest month of winter here in our part of the world (or so they say). We've had one cold winter so hope they're wrong, LOL. So whatcha think? Will he like it? The hat was quick but I felt like I worked on that afghan forever. Now I can claim a 3rd unfinished project completed and the start and finish of another (the hat). Next? Well I'm thinking it will have to be sewing together an orange and pink tote bag I knit 2 years ago and then get it felted. That will be the UFO I work on. Of course I will have to also start something new.............. but it's a secret for now.
Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate a couple of things, including my passing ACLS. (Sure don't know why I let that overwhelm me so much, ha!) So wanted to share a photo or two. One is my fabulous hubby and the other my PERFECTLY cooked steak, ha! We went to Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse and it was a fun place to be. Casual, sort of like a sports bar without as many TV's and noise. All the tables had checkered vinyl cloths and all the chairs were from the 50's with chrome and shiny red vinyl seats, LOVED IT! You pick up a bowl of warm peanuts as you enter and note that the shells are tossed to the floor! Then you are handed a basket of the most delicious warm yeast rolls and honey butter you have ever tasted. Oh gosh but now I'm salivating all over again.We were stuffed so the idea of stopping at Coldstone for dessert on the way home was squashed. It was such a great day, we haven't spent much time together lately. What else did we celebrate you ask? Welllllllllllll, we might have bought an iPod Touch! It doesn't do dishes or take pictures but it does everything and more than we need it to do, LOL. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Blackberry but this iPod opens up even more worlds for me and my hubby who doesn't have a Blackberry. It receives and sends email via WiFi, has maps and gives directions, you can load music, movies, TV shows, podcasts and BOOKS! There's an address book and assortment of other reel you in gadgets that screamed BUY ME at us, gggggggggggggg. Now if we just had someone to come set it up?! hmmmmmmmmmmmm, still working on that and in fact guess I'll go see if I can give it another try. Enjoy your Super Bowl day if that's what you're into. No game on here, we aren't sports lovers and after spending so much money yesterday I will stay away from the local quilt shop sales too.




2 comments:

Pat said...

LOVE the afghan and hat. You did a terrific job with them. I have never been interested in either a Blackberry or an i-Pod...but now you are getting me curious about both of them. LOL

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are keeping secrets about projects to start!!! UNFAIR!!!