Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Running in circles................


I can't believe it has been a whole week since I wrote here. Time is just moving too quickly for me these days and I feel as if I'm turning in circles and accomplishing very little. One of those circles has been trying to get concrete information on the Washington Enhanced Driver license. This is said to replace the need for a passport when traveling on land or sea if returning directly to the U.S. Our cruise stops in Prince Rupert Canada returning from Alaska in May. We just wanted assurance that we really honestly didn't need a Passport as everything we get from the travel agency, etc. says in bold letters we need one. The crusie line told us to contact the Canadian Embassy. The travel agency never returned my query by phone nor by email and I am very unhappy with them. Anyway round and round we've gone and today I reached the Canadian Consulate office. They checked with their Immigration and Travel dept. and we will be good to go with the new license, YAY!!!!!! So off to Olympia to get mine with birth certificate and required proof of address, etc. Wouldn't you know it?! I needed BOTH of my marriage licenses to prove name changes from birth until present, ROFLOL! Okie dokie, now we need to go to a court house to get a copy of my first marriage in 1970. Unbelievable. Gene got his a couple weeks ago as it was time to renew his license anyway. Oh well, at least now we will rest easier knowing we aren't running out of time to get the much more expensive passport. On another note regarding the cruise, we've been shopping for a few new clothes to take and that's been fun too, ha. I'll gather what I need and head to Olympia again on my next clear day off.
Tomorrow is SEW EXPO! Jennifer is taking the day off to join me and we'll head out early enough that we can see it all in one day. Not taking any classes, just want to see all the goodies. I'll report back on any good finds. Check it out here if you want to know what it's all about.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad you got the travel document situation straightened out. We had passports but they have expired (needed them in 1994 to go to Ireland and England). I'm not anticipating any trips soon (sadly), so I don't have to worry about that anytime soon (if ever). I'm sure it can be stressful, though. A friend just did a cruise with her husband and other relatives that was to Brazil and along the Amazon and the required documented paperwork was ridiculous. You are good to go now. Have a great time at the show. I have heard that is a super one...and it gets some of the vendors we never get to see here on the east coast.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed Sew Expo yesterday Mom! Love you!