
Thought I'd share what I bought at Sew Expo. First let me tell you that we woke up to snow that morning! I started laughing because a number of years ago my fabulous internet friends, Lora and Glynda, came to stay with me and attend Sew Expo. Neither were use to our chilly weather, especially the

Florida girl (Lora). Being a non smoking home she found herself out on the deck to smoke and it was cool to say the least as she froze her little butt off, LOL. All I could think Thursday morning was how her feet would have been freezing in those fluffy little slippers in the snow on the deck, ROFLOL! Sorry Lora but I just can't be responsible for the evil that zips through my brain unasked for, gggggggggggg. So I mentioned I bought a few patterns and I've posted pictures of them. One has the wool applique book and patterns while the other pic has the sweatshirt book by Mary Mulari, a fabulous bag pattern and 2 quilt patterns. One of the wool patterns is a kit for small framed folk art applique using buttons too. My friend
Pat has been making small seasonal/holiday candle mats and I decided I needed to quit planning huge projects, take her lead, and do a few small things. I also bought fabulous buttons for the bag and a set of wooden handles for a bag pattern I bought there last year. Jennifer also got a set of the buttons in yellow, mine are a pale teal. Then she also bought a great wool applique wall hanging pattern or table topper. Not sure how she'll use it but it's really great. Maybe she'll post her pattern on her
blog one day soon.
The other night when I was at my mini quilt group I picked up 3 more of the blocks we were exchanging, all done on black kona cotton. Here's a picture of the newest so now I just have one more to receive and I'll be able to start planning how I want to set them into a quilt top. They are all different and everyone did such gorgeous work on them.
My cold didn't keep me down long for which I'm very grateful. Work was extremely busy for a Saturday but I got to see my daughter and grandchildren for a few minutes at Starbucks afterwards. That made the whole day worthwhile. And Ethan fell asleep on my shoulder, he is just the sweetest little boy in the whole world.
I will have to go through the pictures I took at the quilt show the other day and see what there is I might share with you. It was a great show and lots of nice quilts as always. Well it has been a long day and think I'll head off to bed. Sweet dreams everyone!
2 comments:
Your itty bitty button pattern is the SAME one I have....so now you can make the same projects as I'm doing. What FUN!!! I love what you bought....you got some GREAT patterns and books! I'm glad you had such a nice time, too.
Yes, Seattle's area had a damp, cold week that year that went straight through me and back again. It took me a month to recover back in Florida. The salvation was the warmth of the hospitality. The woodstove didn't hurt either. I'd do it all again for the laughter and fun we shared, and having Val teach us paper piecing. It also taught you when you invite people from 3000 miles away, they just might show up!
Post a Comment