
This is my work and call weekend, I'm a recovery room nurse for those who don't know. So worked 10 hours yesterday, off almost two and then called back in for another hour. Am on call for 12 hours today so up early already aware of an 8:15am case. Called before I left to be sure things were running on time. Seems about 1/2 the crew didn't turn their clocks ahead, grrrrrr. Still going to try to get things going close to on time and our pre op nurse is there. I am about out the door I tell her and head for my "to go" cup of coffee when the phone rings. They put the surgery on hold until 2pm. She is not a happy camper, she has been there 45 minutes at that point waiting. I can't be too upset, after all I am on call and didn't actually leave my house before finding out. I am 45 minutes away from work and that would have made me worse than unhappy. So guess I'm home until this afternoon unless there is another surgery to be done. Hmmm, maybe we got the rest done yesterday? I can hope. The flip side is how fortunate it is I have a job. The worse the economy becomes and our own states' unemployment rises (recently heard it was 8.1%) I really am grateful for my profession and job which I love (most of the time, tee hee).
On a lighter note, Gene got almost half of the family room floor down yesterday, woot hoot!! Can't wait to get a picture to post, I just know you're gonna love 'em.
Uh oh, did you know you can lay in bed and download things to your iPod with just your password to itunes? ROFLOL! Then they send you an email statement of your charges, hahaha. Yep, got that this morning. Was I really thanking that granddaughter the other night for showing me how to do it? Silly me. However I now have Frogger, Bejeweled2, Tetris, Pac-Man, Labyrinthe, a flashlight, a level, the weather channel and Facebook, LOL! Gosh, wait until I start finding music!!! Now to figure out how to get my books from CD to it. Ahhhh, another challenge.
No spring is springing here yet. My tiny daffodils are up but stood frozen in our 30 degree morning Friday. Yesterday was rain mixed with snow, hail, and sleet. BRRRRRRRR. I visit other blogs with beautiful pictures of budding trees, sunshine and butterflies. But we do have absolutely gorgeous snow topped Olympic mountains and Mount Rainier is magnificent. We're surrounded by water everywhere and things are always green. I'll put up with some extended winter weather for awhile longer I think and wish all the skiers and snow boarders a fantastic time as the snow continues to fall for them in the Cascades just a short drive away.
Hope you have a relaxing Sunday! I'm off for another cup of coffee.



2 comments:
Oh, my....glad you found out about the surgery delay before you left the house. Do you work only on weekends? (It seems to me that most times you are talking about going to work, it's on the weekends.)
Hi Mom,
Love the new look of your blog by the way! You couldn't get me in the maternity shop the other day because I needed proof. LOL
Hugs!
Post a Comment