Sunday, March 15, 2009

SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW

Can you believe that here it is March 15th and we woke up to a couple inches of snow? Did it stop all morning? NOT. However once it stopped it began to drizzle and warm up. Most is now gone, roads are clear and we can look forward to black ice on the roads in the morning, UGH! I really need Spring to arrive. Last night I got out my carrot table runner and a little wall hanging so guess I jinxed its arrival, LOL.

Here are my friends Sue and Sandy. They drove up to Bainbridge Island with me on my day off Thursday. They had never been to Churchmouse Yarns and Tea and it is a must to visit even if you don't knit or crochet! It is by far my favorite yarn shop and I know that the two of them immediately moved it to the top of their list too! We had a delicious lunch of salads from the Country Market with the most unusual scone made with Gruyere cheese and Rosemary, just delicious! These gals are part of my quilting mini group and Sue and I also work together. What a nice time we had and the sun was shining all day!My darling grandchildren came by to visit yesterday. Thanks Aime, we loved your visit too, LOL! It was seeming like forever since I'd seen them and grandma and grandpa were in desperate need of a grandparent fix!

I have spent the weekend cleaning, sorting and organizing. We've had to move furniture and STUFF around to get the new floors put down and the mess began to wear on me. The mess was of my own doing and it was time for me to UNdo it, ha. So the floor is now complete everywhere but my sewing room and the dining room. Will get some pictures to share soon! My sewing room is almost back in order, the guest room too. The family room is cleaned and back together as is the kitchen. My hutch is unloaded and moved so finishing the dining room floor can take place. My worker bee has jury duty the next 2 weeks though so it will have to wait. Picked up the paint for the dining room too and I'm so excited to see it all come together. I think it will be necessary to recover my dining room chairs!



1 comment:

Pat said...

Since you have become good at clearing up clutter, maybe you can come here and help ME? :) I am getting in desperate need of a good uncluttering here, too. I can't think straight when it gets beyond a certain point...and it's beyond that point now and very distractig. Problem is...I don't even know where to START. *sigh*