Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quilt Block Exchange





Here is Sonia from my quilting mini group. Last year we did a block exchange between 15 of us. It was to be from "nature" and everyone chose a flower type block. The background was all black Kona cotton and the block 8 1/2" unfinished. Sonia is holding her finished quilt top that she designed using her blocks and it is just fantastic!! I just got my last block so haven't even thought about what I might do with them, ha! She has added 3 dimensional vines and leaves, the birdbath and if you keep looking you'll find other things too. Beautiful job Sonia!!


Today I can tell the flu is going to pass. Regardless my great boss is going to work my first couple hours at work tomorrow so I can get through a long day. I have a class for 2 hours after work and then on call all night. Having her do the first couple hours will make it possible to get through. So thanks Amy even if I do know it is better to get me four hours rather than not at all, LOL! Today I'm home staying quiet and happy to report the aches are subsiding.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Her quilt is BEAUTIFUL...with the bird bath, the grass, water, mountains, and sky. What a great piece of work!!! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and I'm also glad you won't have to do the full amount of hours tomorrow...don't want to backslide and feel worse the following day by pushing yourself too much. (AND...who would want a nurse with the flu in a recovery room anyway???)